I've always been a believer in positive thinking. Earlier in my life when things were tough I was keeping a journal where I wrote positive things almost daily. Perhaps now when things are really good in my life I shouldn't forget this. Perhaps certain habits should be kept up continuously regardless of the situation.
1) Even though I was feeling pretty bad with a big head cold, I still went to work and was treated well by those I work with. It made the week livable and by the end of the week I was feeling much better and glad I pulled through without staying home. -- Yeah to the good people I work with.
2) I received a second wholesale order.
3) My daughter was invited to her first birthday party since she's started 1st grade. She's very excited and it makes my heart sing.
4) The group of women I work with and I had a meeting with the parents of the children we work with and almost all the parents had great things to say about the work we did. Those who wanted something changed had small wishes that were not big deals. Everything seems really positive.
5) I've eaten candy every day this week. Since it's been a bit of a rough week and since I have not gone overboard, I'm deciding that this is a good thing that is needed for my soul.
6) I'm starting training again tomorrow.
7) Today I drove into Bergen today, alone and without kids. Even though I was just in for soap supplies and didn't even treat myself to coffee, I listened to my favorite music driving to and from the city. And I started day-dreaming again about what I want to do for my 40th birthday. Maybe I'll invite the Canadian Ambassador to Norway or even the King of Norway. Not that I expect them to show up, but it would be really cool to show off some rejection letters.
8) My kids have been exceptionally nice this week. I mean, I have great kids who have good boundaries. I'm just saying that they've been exceptionally nice this week, especially on a week that I really needed them to be. I think I'll feed them Nuggati for breakfast tomorrow.
9) My husband made dinner tonight - Fårikål - which is Norway's national dish. And he made enough to eat tomorrow evening as well.
10) It's Sunday tomorrow...... and I have all day to think of things that will make me happy.